Friday, August 15, 2008

iVamos a España Pronto!

It's official! Doug and I are off to Spain October 14. We have our tickets to Barcelona...one way tickets. For some reason that has been the scariest part to me out of the entire Spain thing...one way tickets...

We are flying into Barcelona and one of my friends I studied with in Granada, in southern Spain, is picking us up and we will stay with her a couple of days before we head to Mollerussa, where we will be living.

I have to include these emails from Gemi, the lady with whom we will be living, working, etc. because they crack me up so much, probably because this is how I sound when I speak Italian. Here is her reply to my email with our flight information:

"Greatttt!!!October 15 at 10'30 morning I'll be there for pick up you. You can bring the dog, is she speaking spanish? I'm jocking, ha, ha.Yes I can help you to find apartment, don't worry there are a lots. I' ll be able to ask again about the Visas, I'll ask a good friend from Spain that he lives in Miami, he's working for the Catalonia governament there, I ask him, ok?"


The biggest issue thus far, to me anyway, is Mamie Clementine, my beautiful, precious little puppy. Quarantine laws have been lifted, as long as they are kept up to date on rabies vaccinations, heart worm medicine, flea medicine, etc. which she is. She also has to have a passport. That's right. My dog has to have a passport. She would also have to go under the plane because she weighs 34 pounds and the limit is 30 to ride on the plane. I am not sure what we will do yet, but I really want her to come and it will be very hard to leave her here.


We scheduled Oct. 14 mainly because we want to go to the Auburn vs. Tenn game (War Eagle) at the end of September, then to the beach, then off to Spain. At least we have our priorities in line.

Things have been sort of a whirlwind thus far, and probably will be until we are stranded in some foreign land and look at each other and are like "what in the world are we doing?" But we are both kind of excited about that aspect of it, too.

Yes, I realize we are not very realistic about things and one day will have to face responsibility and blahblahblah, but in the mean time we are going to live it up!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

kathryn, don't you worry about people thinking you're not being responsible. You are young, not married and have no kids. Live it up girl! It's not like yall are going over there and sipping mimosas by the pool all day. yall are getting jobs and an apartment and there is nothing irresponsible about that. people are just jealous! go have a blast!
sarah thomas